Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sarah and Sylvia's Excellent Adventure With A Cameo Appearance by Grandpa

Part One
I recently returned from a mini vacation in Seattle. I planned it for two reasons. The first reason was to spend a fun week-end with my daughter before she moves out of state. The second reason was to see a traveling art exhibit from the Picasso Museum in Paris that is showing at the Seattle Art Museum for a short time. I used my birthday as an excuse to get the tickets to the exhibit.

 On Thursday, I took the train to Seattle, which I highly recommend if you aren't on a tight schedule. I like not having to worry about traffic or construction or bad weather on Snoqualmie pass. The departure time is early, 4:30 AM, but I slept most of the way over and so I felt great when Sarah picked me up at the Kings Street station at 9:30 AM.

We had a very low key day. We did a little shopping at the markets and the mall. We talked and talked. Sarah printed off the tickets for the next day's Picasso Exhibit and we could hardly wait. It was almost like anticipating Christmas morning. However, the next morning did not turn out to be Christmas or even the Picasso Exhibit. The day was more of a surreal  episode of Gray's Anatomy morphed with an episode of Scrubs.
Stay tuned for Part Two.

1 comment:

  1. Okay Sylvia. Where is part 2? I am dying to know what happened.

    ReplyDelete