Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thank you Sarah and Dr. Martin Luther King

If it weren't for Sarah's birthday and Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday, I would have little use for the month of January.  It's too cold, too gray, the daylight hours are too short and the month is too long. The 31 day months just seem to drag on forever.  Some may argue that this is way too broad a statement since there are parts of the world where warm sunny days are the norm in January. Okay fine, but that's not here and I am really cold today.  I went to the grocery store earlier and kept dropping the things I took off the shelf because my hands were too cold to have a decent grip. It was really annoying to me and to the other woman in the Health and Beauty Aisle who watched me drop a deodorant stick on the floor three times before getting it into my cart. I noticed that the grocery store must feel the same way about January because it skipped completely over it and jumped straight to Valentine's Day. I know that spring is coming. For the record, today has 1 minute and 39 seconds of daylight more than did yesterday. June 21st will have 6 hours, 17 minutes and 7 seconds more daylight hours than today. Something to look forward to.

2 comments:

  1. Good blog, Sylvia. Thanks for telling me about it. I can relate to this above. I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)... whatever it is...:)
    Love ya, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with January. I wrote about last year, you may or may not have seen it on FB since my blog feeds directly to my FB notes. I'll share it here:

    January Girl

    ReplyDelete