Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody

I got the new Urban Outfitters catalog in the mail today.  I have never worn anything from Urban Outfitters but my girls have and so I get the catalog. As I was looking through it, I noticed that not one single model was smiling. Not ONE! I can only conclude that the popular expression du jour is to look like a spoiled angry 13 year old.  Or perhaps they were going for the anorexic drugged out zombie look. Either way, It does not a pretty girl make.  Below is the cover picture.  Do you think the camera man was saying, "Ok darling, imagine I am your Mom and I just asked to load the dishwasher...that's it... a little more glaring.. hold that scowl....perfect!"

 It all brings to mind an old song that goes like this:

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands
I you're happy and you know it
THEN YOUR FACE WILL SURELY SHOW IT
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands
                                                                                      

1 comment:

  1. Very good Sylvia!
    I've thought that same thing a few times when I've seen some of the magazines and catalogs, lately.

    ReplyDelete