Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cheetos' Chester Chetah

One never knows for sure what a new day will hold.  I can honestly say that it never crossed my mind that I would see this guy today.
 He was dancing around outside Wal-Mart. Sadly, he was not handing out free samples.  Wal-Mart is rarely so exsciting... but wait... there is more.
It was also Easter Bunny day!  The Easter Bunny looked a lot like Chester the Cheeto guy if you take off the sunglasses, add big ears and make him blue with a pink in place of the orange and white.  That may sound like they looked nothing alike, but they did.
I don't have a picture of Easter Bunny because I thought people might not like me taking pictures of their kids sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap ( think Santa, substitute Bunny).
Pretty exciting...but wait...there is more.
There were two police cars parked on the sidewalk, one in front of each door.  They didn't totally block the entrances but it was weird walking around them to get in and out. There was another unmarked police car in the first spot in the parking lot so that the three cars formed a large triangle.  Six policemen, each standing by the open doors of their respective cars were looking around and frowning. They were more of less  flanking Cheetos guy but I don't think they were there to protect him or arrest him.
I didn't take their pictures either. I thought it would be fun to point my camera phone at one of the officers and say, "Say Cheetos!" but my good sense or my cowardice got the best of me. My limited experience with police has lead me to believe that it is best to not make eye contact.
I was in and out of the store quickly since I was just getting milk for the week-end.  The police were still on the look out for the perp.
Note:  I am very excited to use the word, perp, in a written sentence. I don't believe I have ever done that before.  I guess watching all those episodes of  CSI (whichever city in the blank) has finally paid off.
What a day I've had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment