Thursday, April 28, 2011

Do Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Spring has been very slow and haphazard this year.  Even Dave, who loves to work outside has been discouraged by the constant wind and low night temperatures that killed most of his early tomato plants.
Today may be the turning point.  The sky is blue; the wind is calm; it's warm enough to leave the jacket inside. I was so inspired by this lovely day that I, the one who isn't that fond of yard work, decided to pull a few weeds do some pruning.  The result is an imperceptible change to the landscape and a half inch sliver in my finger. And yes, it really was a half inch because I got out a ruler and measured it.  If a half inch doesn't sound that big, take a needle and jam it a half inch into your finger.  It's all about perspective. 
Here is the musical version....




Ok, so maybe I am a being a bit dramatic about a sliver...but still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment